By: Muhammad Farid Wajdi
PALONTARAQ.ID, MAKASSAR – HIGHER education institutions are part of the transformation element of society. What are the most popular universities in South Sulawesi? Palontaraq tried to answer this question by publishing University rankings in South Sulawesi.
This paper is intended to answer the questions of prospective students from abroad who have an interest in learning in South Sulawesi, the most advanced and prominent province in eastern Indonesia.
In addition, there are also many prospective students and researchers who need information on universities in South Sulawesi in the framework of socio-cultural research, specifically related to the uniqueness of Bugis, Makassar, Mandar and Toraja cultures.
Following are the ranks of 24 higher education institutions in South Sulawesi that meet the Palontaraq selection criteria, namely accreditation and recognition, offering at least four years (undergraduate) or postgraduate (master or doctoral), and providing courses that are mostly in traditional education formats, face to face, non-remote.
Our aim is to provide the best non-academic League Tables from the University of South Sulawesi based on valid, unbiased and unaffected web metrics provided by trusted sources rather than data sent by the University itself.
1. Universitas Hasanuddin (UNHAS), Makassar;
2. Universitas Islam Negeri (UIN) Alauddin, Makassar;
3. Universitas Negeri Makassar (UNM), Makassar;
4. Universitas Muhammadiyah Makassar (UNISMUH), Makassar;
5. Universitas Cokroaminoto Palopo, (UNCP), Kota Palopo;
6. Universitas Muslim Indonesia (UMI), Makassar;
24. Universitas Veteran Republik Indonesia (UVRI)